Shabby Miss Jenn

Monday, July 20, 2009

Celebrated the Fourth

This year, I finally made a Fourth of July quilt. I used the Pinwheel Baby Quilt pattern provided in the Moda Bake Shop. I had some patriotic fabrics in a charm pack for the pinwheels and prairie points, a navy-on-cream print of the Pledge of Allegiance (which I've had forever!) as the background fabric, and flying eagle fabric for the outer border.


I didn't quite have it done by the 4th - the top was done, but it wasn't batted, basted or quilted. I had pretty much resigned myself to get it finished for next year. But my 6 1/2 year old son decided otherwise - he wanted it ready to take to the town's Fourth of July party that evening. Normally, I like to "quilt it to death". But since I only had a few hours, I ended up doing continuous curves for the pinwheels, and a medium-sized meander in the outer border. I sewed the binding on by machine, instead of finishing it by hand as I generally prefer. It came out great, and was taken to the party and used.

2 comments:

  1. I love it. The pledge fabric is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you make Steelers quilts? Do you think 6 SB trophies can fit on one quilt?

    ReplyDelete