Shabby Miss Jenn

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Bit of Silliness

I made up a bunch of cards today for the Cards for Heros drive that ScrapStreet is conducting.

One of the paper lines I was working with is by Cosmo Cricket, and the name of the line is Mr. Campy. Sort of an earth-toned, camping/outdoorsy line of papers and embellishments. First I used one of my favorite Stampin' Up! stamp sets, Best of Cluck. The "just chicken in" stamp makes me smile every time I see it. I colored the chickens using Copic markers in shades that worked with the papers.

Then I moved on to using rubons, chipboard, and stickers that are designed to coordinate with the Mr. Campy papers. There are many kind of silly phrases, like "I love you s'more" that I used. I even did one card that says "you light up my life" above a (lit) flashlight. Go ahead, groan with me!

Lastly, I had a few Christmas images that I had stamped in black on kraft paper. So I used them to create these simple cards.

Off to get the mom taxi running - it's time to pick Matthew up from school.

No comments:

Post a Comment