Shabby Miss Jenn

Saturday, December 19, 2009

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

OK, well, that's a bit of an overstatement.  Actually, it's a complete and total lie.  I really don't like snow, it's one of the reasons I live in the south now.  The south generally has perfect snow:  less than an inch accumulates, it looks pretty for a few hours, and is gone by lunch.

We did dodge the snow, though.  We were just south of the snow line for this monster storm that's raging along the east coast.  While we got a few hours of flurries - enough to put about a 1/2 inch thick layer on the deck and absolutely delight and excite the boys - it changed over to rain last night.  The boys were decidedly not happy to find out that there was nothing left this morning. My former home of Charlottesville, VA (only a 4-5 hours' drive north of here) was not so lucky.  Last I heard they had 16 inches on the ground there.

I take complete and total credit for the lack of snow here in Wake Forest.  Last year, we had a few decent (for here, anyway) ~6" snowfalls, and the boys didn't have any winter boots.  So, with the predictions of a colder and wetter than normal winter, as well as the immediate predictions for this storm, I went out on Thursday and bought a pair of boots for each of the boys.  And thereby prevented any snow from falling.

You *know* that if I had not done so, we'd have plenty on the ground here. Right? 

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely. And *what* were you thinking?!? You absolutely ruined it for your boys!!

    ReplyDelete